- If you are a professor attempting to create a VoiceThread where students can post content in your course site;
Please see the tutorial “How to Create a VoiceThread in a Course Site” (For Instructors).
Proceed to a Blackboard Course Site and choose the content area where the VoiceThread has been posted. For this example, we will be using “Course Documents”.
Hover your mouse over the title of the VoiceThread section your professor created and click on it to open the VoiceThread.
Depending on the type of VoiceThread that was created you will be greeted with one of the menus below. Click on “+ Add your own” or “Create” in the top navigation menu.
A pop up Window may appear. Choose the option “Create a new VoiceThread”. Students will not see this menu and can skip this step.
Click on the “+ Add Media” in the middle of the page to choose the type of media you would like to upload. For this example, please select “My Computer”.
- You can choose from a local file on “My Computer”.
- Choose a “Media Source” such as Khan Academy or YouTube.
- Take a photo with webcam using Webcam Photo.
- Take a video with webcam using Webcam VIdeo.
- Add a URL to linked materials.
Enter the “Thread Settings”. This menu contains 3 tabs; Title/Description, Playback Options, and Cover Art. Be sure to enter the title and click “Save” in the bottom right when finished with the settings.
Be sure to click “Share and return to course” to complete posting your VoiceThread.
Congratulations! You have posted your file to the VoiceThread.
For more information on Voice Threads please see our other articles.