You will first begin by creating an exam in Respondus. (Click Here for Instructions on how to Create a an Exam in Respondus 4.0)
1) Once you create and finish editing your test:
A. Click “Preview & Publish”
B. Click “Publish to Blackboard”
C. Select “Publish Wizard”
2) The Publish Wizard window will open. Click on the “Blackboard Server” Drop-down menu and select “add new server”
4) The Blackboard Server and Course window will open. You will need to configure the settings.
A. Enter: https://www.courses.miami.edu into the box.
B. Go to the course that you have Instructor rights to and copy the URL of the courses’ entry point.
5) Click “Extract” button to have Respondus automatically configure the Server name, Course ID, Login Type, Login page, Institution code, Server port, and Login Port.
6) You will then need to do the following:
A. Enter a Description for this Server Connection.
B. Enter your C# for the Username (Not your CaneID).
C. Enter your Blackboard Password.
D.Click “OK” to confirm your changes.
NOTE: The Blackboard Password is a different password from your CaneID password. You can reset it by :
- Logging into your Blackboard Account
- Clicking on the Global Navigation Menu (Located on the top right hand corner of your Blackboard Page. Where your Name is located).
- Clicking on “Settings” and selecting “Personal Information”
- Select “Change Password”
7) The Publish Wizard window will open but now the server settings will be saved. Click “Next” to continue.
8) If the connection is successful you will need to do the following:
A. Select the course that you would like to publish the test to.
B. Select whether you would like to create a new Test or replace an existing Test in your course site.
C. Select additional options for your Test (They will all be checked by default) and click “Next”.
9) Select the content area that you would like to publish to Test to and click “Next”.
10) Success! You have published a test in your course site.