Operating System: Windows 10
Browser: Microsoft Edge
Note: Users in other Institutions have reported the issue in other Browsers such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
A user will attempt to attach a file to Blackboard by using the “Browse My computer” feature while the document is still open. The document will not attach itself to Blackboard. Additionally it has been reported that there are times when the file will attach to Blackboard however the file becomes unreadable because when it’s downloaded it has a file size of 0 bytes.
Steps to Replicate the Issue
1) Navigate to the desired content area in the course.
2) Access a content item that will allow you to attach a file in.
3) Click on “Browse My Computer” to select a file that is stored in your computer.
4) Select the file that you would like to upload.
A. Click on the file that you would like to upload.
B. The file is still open in Microsoft Word.
5) The “Open” dialog box will close but the file will not be attached to Blackboard because it is still open in Microsoft Word.
1) Open the file, save any changes and close it.
2) Repeat steps 3 & 4 to resubmit the file.