- This tutorial is intended to show students how to access and use the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Tool.
- We recommend that users access Blackboard Collaborate Ultra using a PC or MAC with a web cam and a microphone or headset.
- You can use mobile devices to access as a participant using the “BB Student” app from your app store for tablets and mobile devices (For Participants only).
STEP 1: Click on the “Collaborate Ultra” link on the left side course menu.
STEP 2: Select the desired Collaborate Ultra Session by clicking on the blue hyperlinked session name.
STEP 3: The screen below will appear with the following functions. See the numbers below for the explanations.
1) This menu provides the recording and phones call in options.
2) In the following order from left to right, The menu provides the options to:
- Control user access settings
- Upload and share files
- Control audio and video settings
- You can select who you are chatting with and use the box at the bottom to say something in the chat. There is also an option for using emoji.
- The user option can be edited by clicking on the menu next to the user’s name.
- Share Blank Whiteboard: Use the white board to create a space to draw on or share random content.Share Files: Files such as Word Documents, pdfs, and PowerPoint presentations can be shared using this feature.Polling: Poll users using this option.Breakout Groups: Users can be separated into smaller groups. (Note: Breakout Groups will not be included in recordings)
- You can adjust your audio and video setting using the menu below
4) This is the main content area where the camera of the person who is speaking will appear. Files, Shared applications, and the white board will appear in this area as well.