To create an exam in Respondus 4.0 please follow the steps below:
1) Launch the Respondus 4.0 application
2) As soon as you launch Respondus you will be taken to the “Start” section of the application. Select “Create” to create a new Respondus File.
3) The “Create New File” dialog box will open. Give your File/Exam a title, enter a description (it’s required), and click “OK”.
4) You can now begin creating the questions for your exam. The test creation window has 3 sections; A. Edit Questions, B. Question Type, C. Questions List.
We will explore each of these sections below:
A. Edit Questions
This section of the exam creation window allows you to select the type of questions that you would like to use/create in your test. You also have the following options:
Copy from Another File – Allows you to re-use questions from an existing Respondus file (Exam or Survey).
Test Bank from Network – Instructors who adopt participating textbooks will be able to use the official test banks provided by the publishers (Registration Required).
B. Question Type
This section allows you to do the following:
Title of Question – You can enter the Title of the question. Example; Question 1, etc.
Question Wording – This is where you enter your Question.
Answers – This is where you enter the possible answers.
Point Value – Enter the points possible for the question.
Add to End of List – This will add your question to the end of list of questions
Insert into List – This will give you the option to select where you would like to place your question.
C. Questions List
This is the section where the questions all of the questions are displayed. At the bottom of the section there is a search feature that allows you to search for questions.
5) Once you have completed creating the questions you can publish the Exam as a Test on Blackboard.
Click Here for Instructions on how to Publish a Respondus Exam as a Test on Blackboard.