Step 1: Prepare
Develop a script and plan out your video or audio, find a quiet location to ensure limited interruptions.
Step 2: Record
Record audio or video, with a mobile device or desktop application, then download that video to your computer and upload it to Blackboard Learn.
- Quicktime (MacOS Users): Click ‘File > New Audio / Video Recording’ to start.
- Audacity: Record and edit audio using this application.
- Native Recording Apps: Use the default recording applications on your smartphone e.g. Camera, Voice Memos (iOS), Voice Recorder (Android),
- GarageBand (MacOS Users): Record and edit audio using this application.
- Voice Recorder (Windows 10): Record audio using this application.
Step 3: Export your file
Depending on the application you use, export your file to a computer or personal device you can then upload to Blackboard Learn.
Step 4: Upload to Blackboard Learn
Once you have your file ready to upload to your course, launch a web-browser and follow the following steps.
- Log on to Blackboard via courses.miami.edu
- Locate and click on the Discussion Board Forum and thread that you would like to leave a response in.
- Click on the “Reply” button below the Thread posted by a user.
- In the message area, click on the “Mashups” button then click on the “Kaltura Media” link in the drop down menu. If you do not see these options click on the arrows on the right to expand the tools menu.
- Click on the “Add New” button on the top right of the page and select ‘Media Upload.’
- Click ‘Choose a File,’ browse for and upload your file. Fill in title details and click ‘Save.’
- Select ‘Back to Browse and Embed,’ on the Kaltura Media Page on Blackboard and select your video to post to your reply.
- Click on the “Submit” button to post your response.