You might use Microsoft Word to write test questions. The Import Questions feature of Respondus 4.0 makes it easy to upload those questions into Blackboard. This can be accomplished by following the steps below:
Before you begin:
Please make sure that your Word Document is formatted properly.
- Make sure that the Questions are numbered properly.
- Make sure that the Correct Answers are marked. Respondus 4.0 uses * to identify the correct answer. Please make sure that you have a * before the correct answers.
1) Open your Respondus 4.0 Application
2) Click on the “Import Questions” button.
3) Select the File you would like to import.
A. Type of file – If you are working in a Microsoft Office version 2007 and above select (DOCX) otherwise select (DOC).
B. Browse – Click on Browse to look for the file in your computer.
4) Click on the “Preview” button to ensure that there are no error messages with the questions you are importing. Respondus will also preview the format of the questions in a small box.
5) Click on the “Finish” button
6) You will be taken to the “Edit Questions” Page. From here you can edit any questions you would like to change before uploading it to Blackboard.
6) Begin Publishing the Test to Blackboard.
A. Click “Preview & Publish”
B. Click “Publish to Blackboard”
C. Select “Publish Wizard”
8) Select the content area that you would like to publish to Test to and click “Next”.