The Virtual Text Box Editor is integrated into Blackboard and allows you to add multiple types of content to the editor. You can add things such as pictures, videos, mp4 files, create tables and more. We recently discovered that when you create a table and insert an image inside one of the columns the image does not keep its original size.
Steps to Replicate
1) Access a content area where you can add text/content via the Virtual Text Box Editor.
You can access a Virtual Text Box Editor through one of the following: Discussion Board, Journal, Assignment, Blog, Send Email, etc.
2) Click on the “Insert/Edit Table” icon.
3) The “Insert/Edit Table” window will open. Click on “Insert” to insert a new table with 2 columns and 2 rows.
4) Insert an Image inside the first cell to the left of the table.
A. Click inside the first cell of the table.
B. Click on the “Insert/Edit Image” icon to insert an image inside the first cell of the table.
5) Write text inside the second cell to the right of the image.
You will have to manually change the properties of the cell containing the image by changing the size.
1) Change the cell properties of the cell containing the image.
A. Right click on the cell containing the image.
B. Hover your cursor over “cell” and select “Table Cell Properties”.
2) Change the “Width” and “Height” of the cell to match the image’s original size.