Pictures in a document can increase the file size of your Word document. This can lead to waiting a long time for a document to be uploaded to Blackboard including an error message. If you are submitting a SafeAssignment your document will need to be less than 10 megabytes (mb) in size. You can compress the images in your document which will in turn help reduce the time it takes to upload. You can compress your images by following the steps below:
1) Open your Word Document.
2) Click on a picture inside of your Word Document.
3) Click on the “Format” Tab.
4) Click on “Compress Pictures”.
5) The Compress Picture box will open. Uncheck “Apply only to this picture” and select the “Email (96 ppi: minimize document size for sharing)” radio button.
6) Click “OK” to confirm and apply your changes.