Every year our institution receives an “installation password” from Respondus. The installation password can be used to reactivate an existing copy of Respondus that was previously installed or to install a new copy of the software.
What does this mean?
If you installed a version of Respondus 4.0 in your computer before 07/31/2016 you will be prompted to enter a new installation password when you launch the program after 08/01/2016. This is because the installation password that was used when installing the program is set to expire on 07/31/2016. Once you enter the new installation password you will reactivate the program and will be able to use it without problems.
Obtain the New Installation Password
1) Navigate to www.miami.edu/software
2) Select “Respondus 4.0” from the list.
3) Scroll Down to the “Download Information” tab and click on the “Click here to download Respondus” link.
4) You will be prompted to Sign in. Enter your Single Sign-On credentials.
5) The Installation Password will be listed from the Download Page.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance please contact the Blackboard Help Desk for Support.