- This tutorial is intended to show faculty how to screen capture and upload videos to their “My Media” gallery using Kaltura Media Player.
STEP 1: Be sure you are logged into Blackboard.
- You can log on to Blackboard using the link: courses.miami.edu
- Proceed to your course site.
STEP 2: Instructors can access the option to create videos and post them to their course site by going to the content area where they would like the video posted (Course Documents, Assignments, Etc.) and click on the “Tools” option at the top, then choosing “Kaltura Media”.
STEP 3: Click on the “Add New” button on the top right of the page.
STEP 4: Select “CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder”.
STEP 5: Click the link below to download the Screen Recorder Software for MAC or PC. Then double click the downloaded file to install. If you already downloaded and installed the software, you can skip to Step 6.
STEP 6: Once Installed, click on the Icon for the Kaltura Capture Space Recorder on your desktop to launch the program.
STEP 7: Select one of the 4 options below to record. For this example we will be using “Screen”.
STEP 8: Select the monitor you would like to record using “Full Screen” or select an area on any monitor, then click “Record” in the bottom right corner.
STEP 9: You will be prompted the recording will start in 5 seconds.
You can pause the recording using: ALT + P
You can draw on the recording using : ALT+ D
STEP 10: When you pause the recording using: ALT + P, The menu below will appear that gives multiple options. When you are finished recording click “Done”.
- Click “Done” in the bottom corner when complete.
STEP 12: Name your video and add a description and tags if needed.
- Upload: Will upload the video to Blackboard
- Preview: Will let you watch the video
- Save: Saves the file locally without uploading to Blackboard
STEP 13: Once “Upload” is clicked, the video will upload.
STEP 14: You will receive this message. Disregard the link that is given.
STEP 15: Using Step 2, you can now proceed back to the Kaltura Media Page on Blackboard and select your video to post to your course site.